Secondary education in Australia
School life for a little Aussie starts with 5 years. The General education program is designed for 12 years of schooling. It is divided into three stages:
- initial: lasts 6 to 7 years. A period of six years of elementary education adopted in Tasmania, South Wales, the Australian capital territory and in Victoria. In other States children learn at primary school for seven years;
- Junior high: the education at this stage lasts 2 years in the States where elementary stage is 7 years. In the United States with six years of primary education lower secondary stage of 3 years;
- total average: in all States of Australia lasts 2 years. After the completion of secondary school pupils after the exams have a document which allows them to claim a place in one of the Universities.
In the country there is no uniform standard certificates. Each state conducts its appraisal system, and gives the children the diplomas of the sample adopted in this administrative unit.
In the Australian state had 950 private schools. Many of them are organized as boarding schools, children live in them, leaving them on the weekend or during vacation time.
Diplomacy — the profession, which provides unique opportunities. Communication in circles of the global elite and the government, mastering of several foreign languages and have a decent income this is part and parcel of the profession.
About the intricacies of obtaining a visa to Switzerland read in this article.
In addition to traditional schools, in Australia there are also international schools. The diploma received at this school, gives the right to enroll in US Universitiesin the Asia-Pacific region and the UK.
To future students-foreigners in Australian schools must meet certain requirements, but this applies mainly to knowledge of the English language and sporting achievements. In the prestigious educational institutions can proceed only by competition.
Vocational training in Australia
Unlike our compatriots, Australians do not consider the mandatory presence of the diploma of higher education.
Many of them are quite satisfied with the ability to quickly obtain a secondary vocational education at a College or Institute of PACKAGING. Colleges are divided into private and public, the latter are considered more prestigious.
In colleges multistage. Not all students take a full course of study. Some for the implementation of their plans enough minimal training.
After three weeks, the student receives a certificate I level and can look for a job in the specialty. In a prestigious place of work with this level of knowledge will not take, but for the Junior level is enough.
The whole program of vocational education is divided into three phases:
- the first stage lasts from 3 to 40 weeks. Depending on the period of training the student can obtain a professional certificate I – IV degree;
- the second stage lasts from one to two years, and ends with obtaining the professional degree;
- in the third stage of study is necessary two-three years. Students upon graduation are awarded a diploma of high level.
The German educational system is one of the best in the world. First, the history of many German universities, more than one hundred years, and this “experience” means a lot.
All about medical courses you can read in this article.
In government colleges the student may terminate training at any stage. Private institutions have programs which provide a certificate not lower than fourth class.
Higher education institutions in Australia
Higher education in Australia multistage. Its basis is a bachelor. A bachelor’s degree is assigned to students who studied for 3 years. However, there are some specialties, the bachelor which takes four to six years.
A bachelor’s degree Australian University in all countries is considered evidence of complete higher education. If a student will study for an extra year or within three years show outstanding ability, he can apply for a bachelor’s degree with honors.
Master’s program is acquired in 2 years. There are three types of master’s programs:
- professional specialization;
- professional specialization with thesis defense;
- research work with subsequent defense of the thesis.
The highest stage of higher education – doctoral program. In Australia there are two types of such programs: the first one is similar to our graduate school, the second aimed at practical application of research results.
Dartmouth College is one of the most prestigious and oldest educational institutions in the United States.
About the best resorts in Switzerland you can read in this article.
The country has 40 universities, two of them are private. Prestigious higher education institutions in Australia comprise the”Group of eight”, their diplomas are valued among employers. The amalgamation included the following universities:
- Melbourne – among the universities of the world is in 36th place. Famous for its high level of teaching natural and medical Sciences;
- Queensland – training for architecture, information technology, business. The University consists of institutions of the brain, molecular science and nanotechnology and bioengineering;
- The Australian national – the main areas are astrophysics and astronomy. The largest Observatory in Australia is based on a Research school established within the University;
- Sydney – is among the twenty best universities in the world. Humanitarian, social and natural Sciences, medicine and information technology are the main faculties of the University of Sydney;
- New South Wales University, in which studying mechanical engineering and fine art, law and anthropogenic environment;
- The University of Western Australia – it students are studying in nine faculties, studying computer technologies, mathematics, dentistry, etc.;
- Monash – University is a private research centres of gas production and stem cells;
- Adelaide – here you learn to future oil, machine builders and chemists, veterinarians and psychologists.
The cost of education in Australia
Foreign student spends an average of $ 335 per week, the student – 275.
The Department of immigration strictly monitors the fact that arrive in the country by a foreigner, was carrying about 9 thousand us dollars.
Wishing to study in Australia will be interested to know how much they cost:
|Expenditure||Name||Cost, thousand of dollars a year|
|Language school||Courses||3,5 – 13,5 (depending on duration)|
|Secondary school||Initial||5 – 11|
|University||Bachelor’s degree (Economics, business, Humanities)||10 – 13,5|
|Bachelor’s degree (engineering and science)||11 – 16,5|
|Fellowship||9 – 16|
|Master||11 – 18,5|
|Accommodation||In hotels or hostels||From 80 to $ 135 per week|
|Campuses||From 80 to 250 dollars a week|
|Boarding school||From 8 to 11 thousand dollars a year|
|In the family||From 130 to 270 USD per week|
It is worth noting that higher education in the Australian state is cheaper than in the US or UK.
This fact makes Australian universities and colleges very attractive to foreigners. Moreover, certificates and diplomas in Australia are accepted worldwide.