The Japanese nation is known for having the best that there is in Japan today, was borrowed from other Nations and States. Japan as a state was formed at the images and teachings, taken in China until the present day politics is the introduction into my life of advanced technologies from around the world continues. But Japan is not just copying something and selects and implements the best considering its features.
Do not avoid this scheme and the education system of Japan. In the middle ages from VI to IX century, Japan has actively borrowed literature, culture, Confucianism and Buddhism in China. Already in the IX century, in the capital of Japan, Kyoto was five educational institutions — high schools. Centers of education of Japan in the middle ages were the monasteries of Zen Buddhism.
In the nineteenth century, Japan has shifted to Europe, as the leading cultural and educational center, and in particular to France. Japan began to adopt all the advanced from the French, organized a trip to study in France, invites French teachers to his country.
After world war II, when the Japanese came face to face with the Americans and its culture on their land, they realized that the cultural and educational center of Europe moved to America. And, accordingly, — all that you can to learn, learn and then implement in your life American education system (and everything else), the Japanese studied and implemented.
And still the education system in Japan reminds us. But not everything was easy and smooth. In 60-e years in Japan, he was student unrest, which was attended by the teachers. The Japanese government demanded the eradication of cruelty, exclusion of uniformity and the provision of alternatives.
In the eighties, after a long discussion was the reform of the education system, which consisted of the following: development of policies of continuous education, increase financial investment in the educational process, changing methods of teaching, individual approach to students, information and technical equipment of the educational process and other activities.
The General education system in Japan as follows:
- kindergarten — during the stay in the kindergarten is 3 years, children are accepted from three years
- elementary school — xerakko that take 6 years and education lasts six years
- high school — chugakko, with 12 years study three years
- higher secondary school (high school) – kotogakko, with 15 years trained three years
- In Japanese school children are taught for 12 years. Training in the school (except senior) free and Compulsory education is nine years, after nine classes the student may enroll in technical colleges. After graduating high school training, you can continue in University and then in graduate school.
- Training in high school, as well as University tuition, is paid in nature. Training in state educational institutions is much cheaper.
In Japan there are three kinds of schools:
- national school
- state or public schools
- private schools
- The bulk of schools are public schools – 99%, then private — 0.7% and the national school — 0,3%.
- Public schools are the main mode of learning in Japan.
National schools are the elitist form of education and also funded by the state, which means that the schooling is free. That would go to the national school, must pass a competitive selection. Usually, in national schools, children learn the so-called elite: politicians, celebrities, businessmen.
Education in private schools is also considered prestigious, but the training is paid and up to 5000 dollars a year.